Sunday, January 01, 2006

Filling the gap

First of all, Happy New Year!! :)

it's only been a week since I wrote an entry, but a l
ot has happened. And, I've been dying to update my blog. Finally, now I have the time to sit down, think back, and write.

The Christmas Dinner

chefs of the day

bh dancing with the chic

yp's pumpkin soup - one of the hits of the day

roasted chicken

and the stuffing inside


It had been a great night (and day too!). We started roasting and baking and cooking since afternoon. Having fun trying out new recipes, gossiping, and playing with the chicken. hehe. It was my first try on preparing a roast chicken, and thus my first time stuffing one. Thank god, it turned out not too bad, though a little black on the upside. But, what the heck, everyone seemed to like it enough. :p

I had never really had a christmas-dinner-kind-of-dinner before, with pies and soups and salads and desserts. This was my first time. And I think all the food turned out great! (compliments to the chefs ;) )


We had a fine deal of mini champagne poppings where everyone had their own mini bottle of champagne, and then started off with crackers with cheese and salami, followed by mixed vege, coleslaw, steak, baked potatoes, hamburg steaks, roast chicken. And then the portugese fish pie and my modified shephard's pie, and finally desserts! Thanks to XM's cheese cake and yule log cake. yum yum!


Of course, it was not a night of only food. :p It had been warm and comfortable., having everyone together, laughing and talking away. And most of all, it was the together-ness. It felt like home away from home.



The Ski and Snowboard Trip

part of the gang, with the pinky brothers to the left hehe :p

Fun. That would be the word to describe the trip.

It was fun, more than painful, I would say. Although like most first-timers, I fell a lot, but the snow was soft, and falling wasn't really such a bad thing afterall. It felt great sometimes, to fall freely into the thick, soft snow. I named it 'bathing in snow'. And, honestly, how many times in one's life can you bath with snow if you weren't staying up on the mountains? hehe :p

Sounding stupid, but I would still like to give an applause to myself. :p for 'conquering' the intermediate slopes. hehe. It had been scary. really. But the satisfaction after reaching the foot of the hill, oh, it really feels good! much thanks to bh, koyi and keat for the encouragement. :)

Besides the ski part, it had been nice to meet up again with my gaidai friends, and have a little pillow fight before dozing off. :) It has been almost a year since we parted to continue on in different unversities. And I really missed all those late night talking and cooking and crazy-ing we did together during our gaidai year.

Oh. I really hope we could make this a yearly plan, so that we can meet and yet have fun. and of course so that I can learn how to make good turnings when going downhill with skis next year. :)




No comments: