Thursday, January 26, 2006

Europe!

Poprad

This photo was taken in a train in Poprad, Slovakia a few years ago, probably by my brother when my parents was there visiting him.

Due to some reasons, I wasn't able to go back then. But, glad to say, I shall be visiting Europe this coming spring vacation with 2 of my travelling friends. :) Yup! I finally paid the ticket, and there's no turning back. Hopefully I shall be able to get decent hostels and cheap train tickets ready before I leave Japan.

Seriously, I've never thought that I would be travelling to Europe so early in my uni years. It was just another regular day, me chatting with my friend on msn, discussing about our spring vacations when we suddenly joked about going to

europe, and then surprisingly found this cheap ticket on the internet. And so here I am now, with my receipt from my payment this afternoon, with such mixed feelings.

Travelling to Europe has always been somewhat a dream to me since young, mainly because I had always been watching english movies with my dad since then. Therefore, of course, I'm really looking forward to the trip. But, I can't deny there is also a pinch of 'worry' and a pinch of 'anxiety' in there. I even had the idea of giving up the trip and go next year instead. But, instead of doing it later, why not do it now?
Who knows what will happen next year or the year after next, or the year after next after next?

I know it's going to be a really long month, spent on only travelling. And, it would have seemed better if I wasn't on such a tight budget. But, well, what to do? I'm just another poor student with no money and lots of time to spare. hehe :) At the moment, I hope for nothing more than things not being stolen and passport not lost. Those are the only 2 worst things I can think of now.

Anyway, what the heck. I know I am going to survive the month, and take loads of pictures, and have loads of fun. And, so shall I. :)

1 comment:

koyi said...

And another worst thing that you may experience: "Forget to buy presents for your friends back in Japan"... hahaha...

Joke aside, good luck to your journey to Europe. Have been showering you with cold water but I hope that strengthened your determination to endure the adventure.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures that you take on the trip. Perhaps you will spark the desire in me wanting to go there next year.. hahaha... :P

All in all, good luck and enjoy yourself lah...