Saturday, December 17, 2005

Baking


chocolate mud cake

This was for my housemates' surprise birthday party.

It's been quite some time since I really baked. I used to bake more when I was in high school, mostly because back then I was fully equipped with mum's baking tools. After entering the local uni, it was quite impossible since even cooking was forbidden in the dormitory. (yup, that is what local unis are like. hehe :p ) Anyway, after coming to Japan, oven was provided in the dormitory, but still I lacked of mixing bowls, measuring cups... etc.
Until recently, I started to buy stuffs again. Baking tins, measuring spoons.. and I think the collection is still increasing. hehe :p

I have always liked baking. Guess I got it from my mum. Although honestly, I hate measuring and cleaning up after that. But, mixing everything, following steps, watching it grow in the oven, and finally savouring it, and seeing others enjoying the taste too, it is just pure joy. And I think all those who love baking out there would definitely agree with me too. ;)

I don't really remember when I started to bake, although I remember playing with my mum's dough all the time when she used to bake every weekend when I was little. And also remembering the time I made creme caramel (custard pudding/ flan) with my brother. hehe. Those were the times.

Anyway, I think I'm gonna start baking more since it wasn't cheap to get all those baking tools! hehe :p Hopefully I get to discover more yummy recipes! just like the chocolate mud cake up there which I discovered when trying to prepare a cake for my friend's birthday years ago. Wish me luck! :)

No comments: