Thursday, June 01, 2006

Backpacking London IV

I miss Bird!!

It's been almost 3 months now since my stay at Flat 9, Holborn, London. But no doubt, memories are still fresh in mind.

Still remember borough market, which I still recommend the most in London!! foooooodd! Loved the scones, chorizzos, apple juice...... Which by the way, someone just told me I'm too indulged in food yesterday... (_ _ ;)

And the museums and galleries, it feels so typically London. But I can't deny it is nice, as long as you have the time to spend a day strolling though halls after halls. And also, unless you are in a clear state of mind. Or else, it's going to be just another boring day at the museum. I was mentally exhausted after finishing only half of the National museum. Will finish the next half when I'm there again. :)

One of my little discoveries during my journey - the cool education systems adapted in Europe. All the museums and art galleries I visited, I always bumped up with kids from school trips. Some of them had papers to do sketches of things that attracted them, some ran around finding answers to their quiz books. So different from the education system most asian kids grew up in, with only boring fact-based history textbooks, and exams after exams, I grew up hating history!

Another thing about London is of course the places listed in Monopoly, places that you haven't been to before but have heard of it hundreds of times. :) Trafalgar squares is one of them. Take note of the 4 very handsome lions. Be a kid, and climb climb climb! Everyone climbs up there just for a photo shot with it
:)

oooohhh.. and theaters! musicals! I was in luck to be able to catch up with the classical phantom of the opera. It was -- FASCINATING! I'm so in love with theathers.

All in all, London can be a great place to visit, if you have the time to go to the musem one day, the gallery another, and the theathers another. And if you can't live without Chinese food, go to London. Never visit Japan. *grin*


*special thanks to flat 9 roomies for letting me be parasite for a week. Really great getting to know u guys. Caryn and No. 1, the crazy ones, and yet sooo sweet.. :) And bird, just like before. Just like before. *hugzzz*

2 comments:

koyi said...

----------------------------------
Which by the way, someone just told me I'm too indulged in food yesterday... (_ _ ;)
----------------------------------

Is that someone me? :D

Btw,interesting article as usual.

Sugar said...

koyi,

hehe. not u la. it was kyu chan, chigau?