Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Izakayas in Japan

Kanpaiーー

Izakayas or in kanji, 居酒屋 are Japan's own unique bar. Found all around Japan, very popular place for after work drinking. No music nor dim lights, there's only rounds after rounds of Kanpais.

In Japan, unless you are allergic to alcohol, there's really no reason that you cannot drink. Drinking starts right after university for everyone. Club orientations, class parties, welcome parties, graduation parties, year-end parties, beginning of a new year parties. Everything resolves to Izakayas.

Not to say that I don't like Izakayas, coz I really really like them. With really yummy food and my favourite umeshus, how can I not like Izakayas? *grin* Besides, it's fun to see people get drunk and do stupid things too. haha. :p

2 comments:

Sugar said...

ハハ。どうかな?:p

koyi said...

.......

The most stupid thing I did was to bring you there and let you see the stupid me... :P