Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Osaka University in Autumn

stunning

stars in the day

just love the colour

mix and match

such perfect yellow

steps

everywhere

It can be beautiful everywhere, if you know where to look. ;)

To most of people in uni, it would have been just another day of life. who cares if the trees by the library was a little redder or yellow-er than before? or whether the leaves dances while it falls to the ground with the autumn breeze?

but to me, it was just oh, so irresistable!

This IS the nature of human, don't you think so? not knowing how to appreciate things when you know you have them. That when things come so naturally, you expect it to continue coming. And thus, tend to forget that it may not be so. hmm.

Anyway, before I pull myself into philosophies of life, it's not that I'm saying that the Japanese doesn't appreciate the season. But, I just think that most of them have already forgotten the moment of joy when they first experienced autumn. or the first moment they saw a red leave instead of a green one. as it happened such a long time ago.


But for me, it was different. My first time seeing red maple leaves was just a year ago. Not only was I not a baby, but I was experiencing it as someone who had always wanted to see and feel the real thing. And as someone matured enough to appreciate and to remember the beauty of nature.


For once, I felt that I was blessed to be born a Malaysian.



*special thanks to my housemate who reminded me to bring my camera ;)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear my sensitive poet friend,

your writing is very beautiful. and...your pictures!! i have no words to express how they captured me when i first saw them. above all, i love the "just love the color" one and the "steps" one. keep takin pix to upload!!
autumn is my favorite season of the year in japan. when the air gets cold and the color of the sky is gray, only the color of the leeves is warm. that's what makes me feel the season's transition. and when i feel it, it's one of the few occasions for me to appreciate that i was born and raised in this country.

Sugar said...

thank you! :)

for me, I really like 'stunning'. love the colour of it under the sun. how some leaves get shadowed by the others, and some not. making different shades of red.

anyway, I love autumn too. agree with u so much on how only the colour of the leaves is warm. a really nice way to put it. :)