Thursday, November 10, 2005

Mum's garden


mum's bougainvillea
or much popular knowned as bunga kertas in malay because of it's paper-like petals.



aunty lim's baby pandan* flavoured coconuts


mum's fu gui hua (if translated literally, the prosperity flower)

mum's berry, with a tiny visitor


paid a little visit to mum's garden when I was back last summer. It's been quite long since I last ventured into her territory. Still remember how I used to play in the garden when I was in primary school, but never really stepped in anymore after that. IRC, ICQ, emails, shopping, partying. Those were the days of my high school life.

Mum always kept her garden well and pretty as long as she had time. But me, I guess I never got the gardening skills from her. :p But glad that I'm a little into photographs now. So that me, her daughter shall frame up all her glories with my dear little digital camera. Not a bad combination, heh? mum and daughter, gardener and photographer. Both amatuers. hehe :)






*(Daun) Pandan ⇒ pandanus leaves, often used in south east asian cooking to add a distinct aroma to food


2 comments:

Katerina Papadopoulos said...

beautiful pictures....your mum has a green thumb.

Sugar said...

thanks! (on behalf of my mum :) ) She will be so glad to hear this!