Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Backpacking Hong Kong

Hong Kong at night

Chung Wan

Mong Kok

Hong Kong from an older angle

typical wantan noodle shop

Hong Kong was my first stop. And it was exactly what I expected. Buildings, shopping, food, nightlife, and busy people. And I fitted in, just like that. But, fitting in was one issue, and loving it was another.

Needless to say, I loved shopping there, more than in Japan. Japan's fashion satisfies a lot of people around the world, but in many ways, not for me. And having shops closed as early as 8?!

FOOD, was of course another thing I loved. Afterall I have to admit that was one of the main reason I stopped by Hong Kong this time. Having it as a consolation prize to my poor tummy for not being able to eat any bak kut teh or roti canai for 7 months now. :p

However, the pace of life was something that I don't think I can ever compromise to. Even elevators in the city area moves twice faster than the normal ones! Even though I knew most of the places, loved the food, spoke their language, but I still somehow felt out of place and just somehow felt that it lacked humanity among people.

But of course, just the food itself (not even mentioning shopping yet!) shall bring me back visiting Hong Kong again and again! :)

2 comments:

koyi said...

Is the escalator really faster than usual? That is quite funny. Hahaha. Would like to try that out if I have a chance. I wonder if their fast food is served twice faster as well :P

Sugar said...

hehe. maybe the fast food is not served twice faster. But, the speed of the cashiers giving you back your change is also something unbelievable! :p