Thursday, February 02, 2006

The Controversial Shrine






Finally went to 靖国神社, yasukuni jinja last month.

It was a so-called study trip after the National Foreign Students' Network's Meeting in Tokyo. So, of course I went! I have been seeing it on TV ever since the anti-japan demonstrations in China and who would give up the chance to go see the real thing?

So those are the few pictures I took while I was there. Too bad I wasn't allowed to take pictures in the 遊就館、yushukan - War Memorial Museum. My mum would have been very much interested with the photos of it.

Anyway, I wouldn't say much about it since it's such a controversial topic. But one suggestion though. No matter whether you are against it or supporting it, by all means, visit it at least once before you make your stand. Afterall, you can't trust the media all the time. :)

3 comments:

koyi said...

Wah... you finally posted about a serious topic... no more money/play/money/play things... hahaha... jz kidding... good luck in your last few exams :D

Sugar said...

hehe. I don't always write about money/play stuff ok. :p anyway, thanks for the luck. really need it for my last few papers. :)

ganbarimasu wa!

Anonymous said...

it's been a while since the last time i checked your blog... and wow! i didn't know you visited the yasukuni-jinja. i'm really interested in visiting there. and i'm also interested in your opinion that isn't mentioned here. :P