Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Backpacking Netherlands III


I wanted to upload this windmill picture ever since I started blogging about Netherlands. But it just didn not fit into the Amsterdam nor the Rotterdam category. So here it is. Windmills of Netherlands. :P

Netherlands used to give me images of clogs and windmills. Of course it still does now, but the smell of marijuana in the air, fluorescent bikini girls in neon lighted compartments and the modern architecture is definitely here to stay too.

I find Netherlands a land filled of surprises. The three places that I went to, they were all just so different. One was quiet, one was funny, one was so full of life. It felt as if it was a country built up of independent little unique countries. And that gave us the more reasons to explore. I shall not elaborate more here and spoil the fun of those who plan to visit Netherlands in near future.

One hint (advice?) though, go 'window shopping' not only at night but during daytime too!! It's quite different, not only in terms of the crowd but in terms of quality too! ;)

2 comments:

Juank said...

ah??? jajaja... ok, the window shopping was really funny! It was weird to go there (but couldnt go there during the day...) and see girls standing there not really as persons but as products... weird, but definitely something that should be seen.
You dont have pics of them do you? I didnt really know if it was ok or not... it is so weird... but probably better than the hidden, secret, dark and usually dangerous, way of doing it in other countries...
Oh, and the coffee shops... nice smell of "coffee"! I actually got kind of dissy sometimes... :p
But my sis told me when she went before there were not so many tourists (during the world cup), and so it didnt smell that much. Its probably just like with Colombia... the ones that smoke are the foreigners...

Sugar said...

Yeah. I think it is better legalised. Things are safer in a lot of ways. And the coffee! haha. You really got dizzy??? warui ko neh.